Monday, February 27, 2012

The Oscars

Did anybody watch the Oscars last night, I didn't. Did anybody actually see a movie that was nominated for anything. I saw Moneyball (pretty good) and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (meh). That was about it. What a sad state of movies today. Nothing good to watch.

5 comments:

  1. You must see the Swedish version of the The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I saw it streaming on Netflix about a year ago. Really good. Most accurate portrayal of computer hacking in a movie I have ever seen. Seriously. I love it just for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read all three books, should have been two there was so much filler and they were obvious. Watched the Swedish version on Netfix, better, with a quicker pace and slightly more violent than the American one. I'm guessing you will hate the computer stuff in the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't watch the new one. Swedish one was entertaining (at least the first movie) and I see no need to make myself angry at stupid stupid Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the Oscars. I hadn't seen any of the movies, but I did read The Help, which was fine but about 50 pages too long and not even close to as intelligently written as, say, To Kill a Mockingbird. Really. Were any good books written after 1960? Fiction I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched the Oscars. I hadn't seen any of the movies, but I did read The Help, which was fine but about 50 pages too long and not even close to as intelligently written as, say, To Kill a Mockingbird. Really. Were any good books written after 1960? Fiction I mean.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.