Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Strategy
Interesting Brett Baer interview with Newt on Fox tonight. It was obvious from what Newt said that he is staying in to block Romney from winning. Then Campaign Carl came on to confirm that from what he had heard as he spent the evening watching this evening's returns with Gingrich. For Newt, it's personal. Actually, it's a pretty interesting strategy. All Newt has to do is get out and throw his support to Santorum and voila. Check and mate. If he can't win, he is going to do all he can to make sure that Romney doesn't either. Probably you all saw that long ago, but even if I had thought about it from that angle (which I admit, I hadn't), tonight he was quite clear about what his intentions are. Romney didn't even speak tonight. He had not scheduled any rally or gathering or speech. Not an interview. Not a peep. Think of all the money that man has spent and yet he can't seal the deal. And once again, I am saying that no matter who wins the nomination, Obama is history. There are going to be so many "closet" votes for him it will be unreal. The dems have their base, the republicans have their base, the independents swing one way and then the other, and then there are the silent ones who won't commit but who will go in that booth and vote against Obama. Legions of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Agree on Newt, I would rather it be Rick out and Newt vs Mitt but I think it is time for Newt to step aside. I also agree it is personal between him and Mitt after Mitt submarined him in Iowa and Florida. But he has to recognize if he steps away and pledges it all to Rick he will also block Mitt. Newt won't and it will be a brokered convention.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to go out on a limb and go against all conventional wisdom and say that Newt will be out by the beginning of May.
ReplyDelete