Sunday, December 11, 2011

Debate night comment additions

Sorry I missed the last couple of your comments last night. Just read them this morning and felt I should add a few things.

-Bachman was obviously gunning for the Cain supporters to come to her side. She referenced him by name twice, most noticably at the end durning the acknowledge what you learned from someone on this stage. She threw in Cain then and once during the opening remarks, the Cain bookend. She also adopted the 9-9-9 cadence with Win, Win, Win which just makes her sound Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.

-The Romney/Perry bet flap did not get any sort of rise out of me at the time, other than it made Romney look childish. Last night and this morning I checked my politic places (Althouse, Blaze, Big Gov't, etc) and they made a deal of it on two fronts. 1-Can mormon's gamble? 2-$10,000 bet in this economy makes Romney seem the evil rich guy. My answer is don't care on either point, I just saw it as childish.

-Three months ago I would have bet my money on Romney getting the nomination. Now I don't see how he can unless Newt implodes (not out of the realm of possiblity). I would still walk over broken glass to vote for Romney over Obama, but he comming off more and more as McCain circa 2008, a soft  middle of the road Republican.

1 comment:

  1. Big article on the $10,000 bet in the Register today; didn't play well. The people I read/saw on tv seem to think Gingrich held his own. I don't think there was any big movement last night. Let's go again Thursday night, and after that one let's make a predication on the Iowa caucuses. Got a call from Mary Ann Wittrock today. She and Gary are both going for Gingrich. She said Brad had to suffer from some brutal democrat in-laws over Thanksgiving. Fun blogging with you, Terry. I respect your opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.